A little over 100 years ago in Cleveland, banker, lawyer, and former mayor Frederick H. Goff had a novel idea. His vision was to pool the charitable resources of Cleveland's philanthropic minded citizens, living and dead, into a single, impactful, and permanent endowment for the betterment of his community.
Welcome to The Community Foundation of Frederick County
Welcome to The Community Foundation of Frederick County. We are an organization that works with those who live in Frederick County. We act on behalf of those citizens who love this amazing area, and along side those who want to ensure we leave a legacy of continued prosperity for generations to come. And this all starts by joining together to develop solutions, build hope, and create meaningful, lasting change.
Our mission is simple. The Community Foundation is dedicated to connecting people who care with causes that matter to enrich the quality of life in Frederick County now and for future generations.
- Fall 2014 Newsletter - Click HERE
- Meet our superhero, Phil Lanthropy. Click HERE to watch our new video, "A Day in the Life of Phil"
- Memorial contributions for Anne-Lynn Gross - click on the fund name that you wish to give to:
- A new Maryland state tax program in 2015 will reward donors who help build permanent charitable funds with a 25 percent state tax credit. Click here for more information.
- December 17, 2014: Congress has, pending the President's signature, extended the IRA legislation that allows individuals 70 1/2 and older the ability to transfer up to $100,000 from their retirement accounts to a qualified charitable organization without income tax on the distribution. Check here for more details as they become available.
28th Annual Report to the Community Sponsors/Partners in Philanthropy