The Community Foundation awards grants each year that create positive and lasting impact throughout Frederick County. Grants are awarded from our strategic, designated, unrestricted, donor-advised, fiscal agency, field of interest, and agency funds and support civic and cultural organizations, the arts, educational programs, environmental causes, elder care services, faith-based organizations, health and human service agencies, historic preservation initiatives, and youth programs and projects.
Click HERE to read more about strategic grants supporting the areas of affordable health care, housing and homelessness, and school-readiness for children.
FY2017 Grant Application Cycles
Strategic Grants: applications will be accepted July 15, 2016 through August 15, 2016. Nonprofits providing programs supporting access to health care, prevention of homelessness and access to affordable housing, and improving school readiness for children should apply.
Impact Grants: applications will be accepted August 15, 2016 through September 15, 2016. Nonprofits providing programs that impact health and human services, historic preservation, the arts, agriculture, civic causes, animal welfare, education, youth programs, elder care and more should apply.
Optional Grant Information Sessions: four sessions will be held at the Community Foundation's office, located at 312 East Church Street, Frederick.
- Wednesday, June 22, 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday, June 23, 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- Monday, June 27, 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 28, 9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
To be eligible to apply, organizations must certify it is one of the following:
- a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization
- a government agency applying for an extraordinary project that is not funded by tax revenue
- a religious organization requesting funding for non-sectarian activities
- a civic group that is not a 501(c)(3) requesting funding for a community cause.
Grantees - Create or access your account by clicking on the button below:
- 312 East Church Street
- Frederick, MD 21701
- phone: 301-695-7660
- fax: 301-695-7775
- Directions to Our Office