The Community Foundation awards grants each year that create positive and lasting impact throughout Frederick County. Grants are awarded from our strategic, designated, unrestricted, donor-advised, fiscal agency, field of interest, and agency funds and support civic and cultural organizations, the arts, educational programs, environmental causes, elder care services, faith-based organizations, health and human service agencies, historic preservation initiatives, and youth programs and projects.
Click HERE to read more about strategic grants supporting the areas of affordable health care, housing and homelessness, and school-readiness for children
FY2016 Grant Cycles
Two separate grant application periods will be held for FY2016 grants. All applications are made through the Community Foundation's online application process. All organizations intending to apply were required to attend one of the information sessions held in May 2015 and June 2015. Attendance at one of the sessions is a qualifying prerequisite for applying to either of the upcoming grant cycles.
- STRATEGIC GRANT APPLICATIONS ARE BEING ACCEPTED BETWEEN JULY 15, 2015 AND AUGUST 15, 2015. The application closes at 11:59 p.m. on August 15, 2015. These grants support affordable health care, housing and homelessness, and school readiness for children.
- Impact grant applications supporting historic preservation, the arts, agriculture, civic causes, animal welfare, youth programs, elder care, and more will be accepted between August 15, 2015 through September 15, 2015.
Important information and reminders:
- All applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on each closing date.
- All applicants are strongly urged to read the FY2016 Grant FAQs.
- View FY2016 Funds and Available Funding.
- Applying organizations with annual charitable contributions of less than $200,000 are required to complete the FY16 Grant Application Financial Form Form as part of the application process.
- Applying organizations with charitable contributions over $200,000 but less than $500,000 must upload a financial review performed by an independent certified public accountant within the last year.
- Applying organizations with charitable contributions over $500,000 must upload its most recent audit performed by an independent certified public accountant.
- View an example of a project budget.
- To be eligible to apply, organizations must certify it is one of the following: a 501(c)(3) nonprofit; a government agency applying for an extraordinary project that is not funded by tax revenue; a religious organization requesting funding for non-sectarian activities, or a civic group that is not a 501(c)(3) requesting funding for a community cause.
The following grant opportunity has no deadline; the grant application is accessible until funds are depleted.
The Health Fund for Frederick County Youth
Grants from this fund support nonprofits providing services to Frederick County youth under age 18 who have extraordinary and/or life-threatening medical needs. Grant requests may include, but are not limited to, medical procedures, special equipment needs, or medical expenses not reimbursed or covered through health insurance. A letter from the youth's current medical practitioner certifying that the medical need is indeed extraordinary and/or life threatening must be submitted, along with the current diagnosis, as part of the application. Grants will not be paid directly to families or individuals, but directly to vendors and/or medical providers. Before applying, please contact Gayle Sutch, Director of Donor Services, at 301.695.7660 to determine funding eligibility.
Click HERE to apply.
GRANTEE REIMBURSEMENT FORMS
These forms are for current grantees who have already received grant funding from the Community Foundation.
ALL FY15 GRANTEES: Click HERE to access your online account and request reimbursement.
FY15 Payment Request Forms:
IMPACT REPORT FORM
If you are a grantee who has received a grant from a donor-advised or designated fund, (these are grants that were not applied for, but are recommended by a donor) please complete the Impact Report Form before June 30, 2016.
PLEASE NOTE: this form is not for use by strategic, Unity, or Impact and Designated Grants from the grant application cycles.
- 312 East Church Street
- Frederick, MD 21701
- phone: 301-695-7660
- fax: 301-695-7775
- Directions to Our Office